Monday, February 25, 2008

The Cousins Club



My cousin Norma (upper left) just unearthed this photo from 1973 when my younger sister (middle, bottom) and I spent a summer with them in Arizona. The things i remember most about that summer are listening to Top 40s (Brandy, you're a fine girl!) and Aunt Livia taking us to the fabric store. Actually, this is the last time I remember seeing these cousins. She says we were all at a family gathering in San Antonio in the 80s, but that I didn't recognize her and she was too shy to talk to me. Her sister Sandy and my sister Mitzie and I were the youngest from large families and around the same age, so we formed a little club we called the Cousins Club. We even designed a logo rather like the Chanel one (ya think they ripped us off?!) We recently reconnected after 35 years and it turns out Norma is a quilter! She's just started a blog. I told her she should have a blogwarming, so you're all invited. Welcome to Blogland, Norma!

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love this! Reminds me of that summer, too. Oooh, the good old days, huh? Nice quilting going on at this blog. :O)

Luísa Silva said...

Lovely post. So good to find your cousin after all this years and know that she loves quilting too!!

Norma Rose said...

Brandy your a fine girl. I still remember hearing you sing that over....and over again. That was the best summer.
I am in the yellow pages now and I'm not sure but I maybe in over my head just this week i accepted eight quilt orders. But I'm up for the challenge. Hope to hear from you soon. Love ~Norma~

Hedgehog said...

My grandmother was one of five with oodles of cousins. My mom always talks about how the grown-ups had cousins' club when she was little. I just have four cousins and we're spread in age and grew up in different places. Always sounded so fun to me!