Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy New Year!

Hope 2008 is starting out well for everyone. It's funny, i never feel a big compulsion to celebrate New Year's Eve (possibly because there is usually some celebration that i'm more or less dragged into joining, so i don't know what it wd be like not to celebrate, or perhaps because when we were kids, our family always went to big NYE parties that were lots of fun, so i've never had the feeling that i've missed out on The Party). However, I do like the feeling of New Year's Day, full of possibility.



Embarrassing to note, I didn't fulfill even one of my goals for Nov/Dec (see List of Shame left). In fact, i did almost no sewing in these months, for reasons i'll explain later. But I want to look forward, inspired by Luisa's post about setting goals.
1) I want to go more deeply into this Sampler project, and try out lots of different blocks. I'm also trying to improve my accuracy, motivated by the impressive craftsmanship of my swap partners, Luisa and Lisa.
2) Finally tackle the Grandmother's Fan quilt (but first i have to figure out how to go about it).
3) Develop more consistent work habits, e.g. take hand sewing with me when travelling; prepare piles of piecing to do when i've only got a few minutes between other things.
4) Organize my workspace and keep it organized (more or less)!
5) Live more consciously, keeping priorities straight, focussing on what a gift life is.

Wishing you all whatever you hope for in 2008!

No comments: